*Note: We are not currently accepting new volunteers but will update if more callers are needed.
Your help is needed to support our partners in reaching out, via telephone, to the families and individuals they serve to be sure people feel connected to the resources they need. Sign-up to volunteer.
Volunteers will be placed with a variety of organizations and institutions to make calls according to the partners’ needs and specifications. Volunteers will receive a general training from the University of Pittsburgh’s Office of Community & Governmental Relations to ensure positive and safe calling practices and then will participate in training specific to the organization in which the volunteer is placed. Care and Connection Callers:
- Provide a connection with people who may be isolated.
- Assess economic and social needs.
- Connect people to community resources and United Way 2-1-1 as needed.
- Report back to the sponsoring organization any follow-up that is needed.
Who are we looking for to be Care and Connection Callers?
University volunteers who:
- Have access to a phone, a computer and the internet.
- Are willing to participate in two training programs- one through Pitt and one through their sponsoring organization,
- Are able to follow a conversational script that guides the outreach calls.
- Are able to listen to and read COVID-19 informational resources before they make calls so they have the most up-to-date information to share with those they call.
- Are able to commit to weekly service.
If you are a community organization looking for help..
Pitt is open to partnering with you! Please contact Carrie Finklestein at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the conversation.